Wordpress Litespeed cache tools/configuration besides the Litespeed Cache plugin

Hello

I have on my Wordpress websites, like the linorhiati.ch one I am about to finish, that run on a Litespeed server, the Litespeed Cache plugin running.

Well, by looking at the response headers from the websites the support team of Litespeed told me that there is a misconfiguration on the server as there are sould not be a header like this:
x-litespeed-tag: c521_URL.6666cd76f96956469e7be39d750cc7d9,c521_F,c521_Po.2,c521_PGS,c521_ .

Besides that, I wondered what may I do to increase the caching performance delivred by the already active Litespeed Cache plugin?

For instance I tried out Cloudflare as a CDN and it helped me to lower especially the TTFB/ wait time of the server's answer.

Regards

Julien

Jon K

Administrator
Staff member
Just visited the page and can tell that it seems there is an issue with LSCache. This specific issue seems that it cannot r/w to where it stores the cache files. If you are under a shared hosting account you will want to open a ticket with the host about this issue. If this is on a server you manage yourself simply removing the lscache folder for the specific user and doing a graceful restart of LSWS will regenerate the cache folder with the proper permissions to r/w.

Inside of LSCache we do have support for Object Cache that could also speed up your site and If you aren't using it yet we have CloudFlare support built in for better functionality.

Thanks for your answer.

I've contacted so my hoster (TMDHosting where I have a cloud hosting subscription) again about this issue, and here is their reply:
We would like to inform you that since you reside on a shared server, Litespeed caching is configured to the best way to fit other custom configurations on the server.

Considering the above, you can upgrade to a VPS or Dedicated Server where you will need to purchase this software and we will be able to configure it as you were advised by Litespeed�s staff.

Please, note that on a VPS and DS you can fully customize your environment so it can best suit your needs.

We hope you find this information useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I guess I will recontact them showing this link.

Besides the object cache ( that is in which way different from databse one besides I ask myself) , In the LSCache plugin I can enable under Settings>Cache also 'Cache PHP Resources', is this the operational caching?
What about the HTML/page caching?

Actually I just read that there are 4 types of caching and figuring out what they are and how they suit together so :)
Maybe you have a good ressource for understanding this.

Regards

Julien

Tishu

I dont think you need 4 levels of cache. The main think is that your hosting need to resolve the issue with the correct setup of the cache.

lclarke

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I just read that there are 4 types of caching and figuring out what they are and how they suit together so :)
Maybe you have a good ressource for understanding this.
Actually, yes, we do! This blog post explains all of the different types of caching you can do with WordPress.
And then this one explains specifically how LiteSpeed Cache works, if you want to get more details about that.

Thanks tor your answers.

After seeveral requests to my hoster they finally checked it and told me that caching should now work properly. It seems so, as I see now for instance a 'x-litespeed-cache: hit' header response. Here the second response headers ( first request is an HTTPS redirect):
Code:
Response Headers:
content-length: 8530
content-encoding: gzip
x-litespeed-cache: hit
x-powered-by: PHP/7.0.30
vary: Accept-Encoding
server: LiteSpeed
etag: "11-1525697379;gz"
link: <https://vitadesign.ch/wp-json/>; rel="https://api.w.org/"
link: <https://vitadesign.ch/>; rel=shortlink
link: </min/f5f46.css>; rel=preload; as=style,</wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js>; rel=preload; as=script,</wp-content/plugins/elementor/assets/lib/swiper/swiper.jquery.min.js>; rel=preload; as=script,</min/faa4e.js>; rel=preload; as=script
date: Mon, 07 May 2018 13:01:47 GMT
alt-svc: quic=":443"; ma=2592000; v="35,37,38,39"
content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
accept-ranges: bytes
x-pingback: https://vitadesign.ch/xmlrpc.php
What do you think about it I'd like to ask you?

I'll check the ressources, thanks.

Regards

Julien

Last edited by a moderator:

Tishu

Loading time: 700ms after the cache hit. Btw "wp-content/themes/astra/js/min/includes.min.js" is still missing.

I see that you have some .jpg images - Use the image optimize option to optimize them with webp version.