Cache and Eaccelator

masood_y

I have installed eaccelator on my server and its work good.
I have cache on Configuration -> Sever -> Cache enabled too.
Is it good for my server?

Did you set your cache location? Have you checked that lsws is writing to the cache location you specified?

If so, all should be good.

Random comment...I've never been able to get cacheing and wordpress + wp-super-cache working properly.

Eacc directory is: /dev/shm/eaccelerator
make sure that all users php can run as has rw permissions to that directory. here's the output from my working environment (you should see the same thing)
Code:
web1 /dev/shm/eaccelerator: ls
0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
Litespeed Cache: /tmp/cache/
Here, make sure the users lsws is running as has rw access to the dir.
Output from my server... look for random numbers/letters. if it's empty cache isn't working due to configuration or permission issues.
Code:
web1 /dev/shm/lsws_cache: ls
2  7  8  d

anewday

I remember reading that the Cache function is not recommended for dynamic content. Check the http header for Cache-Control to see if it'll work or not. Also, on a wordpress blog they said that wp-super-cache does not play well with other cache.

masood_y

make sure that all users php can run as has rw permissions to that directory. here's the output from my working environment (you should see the same thing)
Code:
web1 /dev/shm/eaccelerator: ls
0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
Here, make sure the users lsws is running as has rw access to the dir.
Output from my server... look for random numbers/letters. if it's empty cache isn't working due to configuration or permission issues.
Code:
web1 /dev/shm/lsws_cache: ls
2  7  8  d
I know this, i just need to know there is no conflit between eacc and litespeed cache.

no, one is an opcode cache that caches the compiled state of the php scripts, and one is an output cache that caches the entire output that will be sent to the client(s).

They work well together.