403 Error on _some_ file uploads in 4.1RC2

Hello,

On one specific page, I'm getting a 403 Access Denied error when uploading files in a Rails app--the request doesn't even seem to hit the Rails app (i.e. nothing shows up in the log), so it's choking before it hits the app.

Everything works fine locally. And everything works fine on other pages running pretty much identical code. Even more strangely, everything seems to work fine when uploading from computers that have Rails installed, but not on computers that don't.

I haven't been able to pinpoint anything in the logs, but I feel like this is an issue with Rack, which had to be patched slightly to make LSAPI work with Rack 1.0.1 (required for Rails 2.3.5).

Any ideas on this?

The error log is empty and I don't see anything in the general server log either. As far as I know there aren't any mod_security rules. Again, this works for every but one single action, which is very strange. Litespeed sends a 403 before the rails app even has a chance to process anything.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The error log is empty and I don't see anything in the general server log either. As far as I know there aren't any mod_security rules. Again, this works for every but one single action, which is very strange. Litespeed sends a 403 before the rails app even has a chance to process anything.
You can enable debug logging, and what happened. you can track log entries by your IP address.