Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) site:http:

pooyan

I installed lsws on DA
when i run
service httpd stop
service lsws start
Also i compiled PHP via console

and test a website display this error:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

I searched on this forum and find related post and run this command but problem not fixed,

# ln /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp
ln: creating hard link `/tmp/mysql.sock' to `/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock': File exists

Please help me
regards

cmanns

I installed lsws on DA
when i run
service httpd stop
service lsws start
Also i compiled PHP via console

and test a website display this error:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)

I searched on this forum and find related post and run this command but problem not fixed,

# ln /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp
ln: creating hard link `/tmp/mysql.sock' to `/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock': File exists

Please help me
regards
Just use 127.0.0.1 for now

One thing if you don't have all dev packages for MySQL/MariaDB/PerconaDB the LiteSpeed compile will give MySQL errors. Make sure 127.0.0.1 works first (ensure your user allows connections from localhost first, it should)

You should be all set then. Also next time compile the mysql socket to the proper directory mysql creates it in...

pooyan

Just use 127.0.0.1 for now

One thing if you don't have all dev packages for MySQL/MariaDB/PerconaDB the LiteSpeed compile will give MySQL errors. Make sure 127.0.0.1 works first (ensure your user allows connections from localhost first, it should)

You should be all set then. Also next time compile the mysql socket to the proper directory mysql creates it in...
Yes, 127.0.0.1 allowd

webizen

you can modify mysql.default_socket in php.ini (use phpinfo page to show which php.ini in use) to point to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

pooyan

you can modify mysql.default_socket in php.ini (use phpinfo page to show which php.ini in use) to point to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
I changed all php.ini value to mysql.default_socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

But now after start lsws and test a website display this error:
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

cmanns

Yes, 127.0.0.1 allowd
test first with 127.0.0.1

MySQL sockets work fine with LSPHP 5.3.x and up. I've used LSWS for years and support 3rd party client whom run it and it's 2 cpu versions and such.

Read error logs.

Also if it said upgrade, make sure you have ALL MySQL packages installed

yum search all MySQL

install the dev packages the client the libraries whatever there is make sure you have it all. Then re-compile php with mysql, mysqli, socket option too. The php.ini one can be wonky webzian guy, as a web host since 15 years whom is developing an OS and Web Hosting panel in my spare time I think I know best. I get paid thousands by people for a few hours of my tuning/cluster setups. This is the end of my free help sadly the OP doesn't seem to know what doing.

Good luck soliving your issue, if 127.0.0.1 works then whats the issue, ditch the socket not every php application works good with mysql socket.

webizen

I changed all php.ini value to mysql.default_socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

But now after start lsws and test a website display this error:
Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
this is not lsws issue but mysql client is old. to work around this, add a line to your my.cnf (usually /etc/my.cnf)

old_passwords=1