Virtual Host Mappings

Hello,

I have a basic question on setting up virtual host mappings. I've got some different domains mapped in my default listener and am using the virtual host template approach. However, one thing I haven't been able to do is map a subdomain to one of my virtual hosts. For instance, here's what my mapping looks like for one of my domains:

virtual host:
my_virtual_host

domains:
test.mydomain.com, mydomain.com

In this set up, I can access my website with www.mydomain.com or simply mydomain.com. However, test.mydomain.com does not work. Yes, I have applied changes and gracefully restarted numerous times.

Am I missing some basic here? I looked over the help pages and didn't see anything that mentioned this specifically. Can someone either point me towards some doc on how to get this working or advise? Thank you.

Cheers,
Marty

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Does DNS of test.mydomain.com points to the same IP as mydomain.com?
You can turn on debug logging by change "Debug Level" to "HIGH", and check the error.log output during restart and serving a request for test.mydomain.com.

Sadly, I knew it had to be something like this. I doubled checked my dns settings and indeed I didn't have the subdomain mapped correctly. After fixing that everything was fine. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Marty