512MB file fails to upload in LiteSpeed but uploads fine in Apache

All php settings are correct and files upload fine under Apache, but after switching to LiteSpeed the upload either times out or get error message "Could not move the file into storage, possibly a permissions issue", though I think that is just to do with cache in browser caused by the previous upload attempt not completing. Clearing cache in browser seems to solves that issue. But after clearing cache in browser the upload just times out again due to LiteSpeed not allowing the upload to complete.

Now I have checked many different threads at this forum where several members (including LiteSpeed staff) suggest changing certain settings, which I have done, but none seem to work, if anything, randomly changing settings here and there just makes things worse, and now I have a LiteSpeed installation that has had so many different settings changed that may not have even needed to be changed in the first place. Suggestion: include an option in LiteSpeed that allows all settings to be reset back to default so a re installation is not needed (saves a lot of time).

Anyway, can someone please specify the exact settings-only that need to be changed in LiteSpeed in order for a 512MB file to be uploaded successfully.

It never used to be an issue in the past, but I guess some things have been added/changed in LiteSpeed recently which can cause small-medium file uploads to fail (512MB is not too big).

NiteWave

Administrator
does restarting lsws resolve it ?
this is not a solution suggestion, just for investigation purpose.

check this setting:
lsws admin console->Server->Tuning->Max Request Body Size (bytes)
default is 500M

this feature is litespeed specific than apache.

I thought it restarts after doing a graceful restart which is needed after making the changes to the server. I have just used Restart LiteSpeed under WHM plugin and trying to upload it again. Edit: it just reset and is trying to reupload from the beginning again...

I have

Serer > Tuning

Connection
----------

Connection Timeout (secs): 10000

Request/Response
----------------

Max Request URL Length (bytes) 8192
Max Request Header Size (bytes) 16380
Max Request Body Size (bytes) 1G
Max Dynamic Response Header Size (bytes) 8K
Max Dynamic Response Body Size (bytes) 2047M

CGI Settings
------------

CPU Soft Limit (sec): 60
CPU Hard Limit (sec): 120
Memory Soft Limit (bytes): 950M
Memory Hard Limit (bytes): 1024M
Process Soft Limit: 400
Process Hard Limit: 450

Serer > External App > lsphp5

Memory Soft Limit (bytes): 450M (didn't work even when set to 1024M)
Memory Hard Limit (bytes): 500M (didn't work even when set to 1024M)

PHP.INI Settings

max_execution_time: 10000
max_input_time: 10000
max_input_nesting_level: 64
memory_limit: 512M
post_max_size: 1024M
upload_max_filesize: 1024M

Uploading fine now after changing

########################
Server > External App > lsphp5

Memory Soft Limit (bytes): 450M
Memory Hard Limit (bytes): 500M
########################

to

########################
Memory Soft Limit (bytes): 1000M
Memory Hard Limit (bytes): 1000M
########################

and after doing a Graceful Reboot and also using Restart LiteSpeed (just to be sure).

But surely all the settings from my second post don't need to be changed just for a 512MB file to upload? Which settings should only need to be changed? I can try it again...

Thanks,
Chris

Seems only the following changes were needed:

Serer > Tuning

Request/Response

Max Request Body Size (bytes): 1000M

Serer > Security

CGI Settings

Memory Soft Limit (bytes): 1000M
Memory Hard Limit (bytes): 1000M

Server > External App > lsphp5

LiteSpeed SAPI App Definition