i just encounter a very odd error.

i have 2 virtual hosts
1. for www
2. for shop

i try to set www.shop.clever.in.th to listen for the www virtual host
where just shop.clever.in.th listen to the shop virtual host

after restart i encounter the following error:
Code:
Hostname [shop.clever.in.th] on listener [128.199.214.95:443] is mapped to virtual host [clever.in.th-shop], can't map to virtual host [clever.in.th-www]!
there is no overlapping in the listeners at all, also the lsws simply executes the shop-virtual host if going to www.shop ..

any idea what that could be ?

(attached a screenshoot of the SSL Listener configuration)

Attachments

NiteWave

Administrator
in lsws web admin, when add Domains to a listener, the pop up tip say
Specifies the mapping domain names. Domain names are case insensitive and the leading "www." will be removed. The wildcard characters "*" and "?" are allowed. "?" only represents one character. "*" represents any numbers of characters. Duplicated domain names are not allowed."
in your case,
www.shop.domain.com map to a virtual host, since www is removed, so it's shop.domain.com
it's duplicated with 2nd mapping.

suggestion:
in 1st mapping, change www.shop.domain.com to www.domain.com,
2nd mapping, keep current shop.domain.com without change.
this will work and have no conflict.

nullx8

looks like a hardcoded babysitting-setting to me.
which makes very little sense, as no non-professional ever use the administration of lsws.

appreciate your suggestion, but it does not work out since i need both hosts to be secure.
having a redirect in between would break the SSL chain, is there any other way to accomplish this ?

not to mention that using another host would cost us another 100 bucks for another EV Certificate.