Litespeed restarts multiple times a day

skooboy

I see this very often in the log almost every two hours.

2015-01-21 00:11:28.860 NOTICE Server Restart Request via Signal...
2015-01-21 00:11:28.860 NOTICE [PID: 24510]: start cgid: 28675, /usr/local/lsws/bin/lscgid
2015-01-21 00:11:28.860 NOTICE [Child: 24512] Start shutting down gracefully ...
2015-01-21 00:11:28.860 NOTICE [Child: 24513] Start shutting down gracefully ...

I don't see anything in the logs of what would cause it. Please advise. Thanks.

skooboy

Where is that? I can only find rotate bandwidth stats every 2 hours.

There are more hat I did not paste from the error_log but it's the usual entries for a lsws restart.

NiteWave

Administrator
as that cPanel thread suggested,
" enabling that logging option in WHM > Apache Configuration > Piped Log Configuration area to see if the graceful restarts every 2 hours cease to occur."

skooboy

I found a pattern of it restarting almost every 24 hours. It looks like whenever /scripts/runweblogs is ran to process the domain logs, litespeed restarts. This never occurred on old server with piped logging disabled.

skooboy

Yes, it does and same when it's not run manually. Can lsws be changed in the future to avoid having to be restarted? I do not want to enable piped logging.

skooboy

I changed the Log Processing to every 96 hours and it still restarts at least once a day. I think it's not the log processing that causes it. How do I debug it?

NiteWave

Administrator
yes. I mean comparing the time stamp of latest log entries in /usr/local/lsws/logs/lsrestart.log and /usr/local/cpanel/logs/safeapcherestart_log (or other WHM/cPanel log files), if they match, then the restart comes from WHM/cPanel, like adding an account/terminate a account, change apache's configuration in WHM which will require a restart.
if no match, then the restart may come from lsws itself.

how often does lsws restart now ?