HTTP Pipeline Issue with iOS

Karl

Hi,

We have a busy site that uses Litespeed and with iOS clients it keeps hitting issues with HTTP pipeline support, where images end up swapped - presumably because they have been sent out of the order in which they were requested. Most browsers seem to cope, but iOS devices seem particularly problematic in that they don't.

1) Are responses on a pipelined connection sent back in the order they are received?

2) Can we turn pipe-lining off?

Thanks,

Karl

Karl

As I suspected. I'm pretty sure it's down to the relative sizes of the images being requested inside the single pipeline - the smaller images will arrive before the larger ones presumably, even if requested later in the pipeline. iOS doesn't appear to handle it well.

Karl

Coming back to this issue, this still happens. It's only with iOS 8 + Litespeed. Use Apache and it's fine. We're not the only users experiencing this. Other users have reported it appears to be down to the two settings for:

Enable Compression
Enable Dynamic Compression

Disabling them fixes the issue.

This is on the latest version of 4.x - I can't try 5.x as your website and downloads are broken at the moment :/