Lite mage exclude block from caching

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
I need to understand the use case. What's the purpose? what kind of block is that? LiteMage is designed to generate a full page from cache by combining public and private blocks. If there's a block that always has to hit Magento backend, that will slow down the whole site if every request has to go to backend. If you let me know more detail, there maybe better ways to address your issue.

To exclude one block from cache, you can add one block definition in config.xml esiblock section, add a line attribute <ttl>0</ttl>. We did not include this in our document, as I haven't encounter any real use case of it.

Lauren

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
does it generate a different cookie for each page access? or it generate the same cookie again and again for the same visitor?

If the cookie has to be different, litemage or other page cache wont help you much as the cost of initialize magento frame-work cannot be saved, and it is very very expensive.

If it only need to be generated once for each visitor, it should be cached as private block.

It need to be created on every page load. This cookie is saving information which slides was shown to user, cause on every page load unique slide must be displayed.
So slider should not be cached.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
then you can try to identify that unique block name, and add in config.xml
esiblock section, add a line attribute <ttl>0</ttl>