LSAPI Remote Server/Process Group/PHP Selector

Is it possible to set up a load balanced group of PHP LSAPI servers in process group mode so users can still select their own version/configurations of PHP?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Is it possible to set up a load balanced group of PHP LSAPI servers in process group mode so users can still select their own version/configurations of PHP?
Yes, PHP are selected through "Script Handler" configuration, so it does not matter it is local or remote, a single instance or load balanced group.

Yes, PHP are selected through "Script Handler" configuration, so it does not matter it is local or remote, a single instance or load balanced group.
Is there any kind of security for the remote PHP option or would I be relying purely on firewall rules if I don't trust the scripts being run on the web server / php server? (shared hosting)

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
There is no additional authentication except for the "PHP suEXEC Daemon mode" as the PHP main process running as root user.
This mode cannot be used for remote PHP server due to that the master secret keeps changing after each server restart.

Yes, firewall will be the only way to protect the remote PHP server port, and it should be protected against accessing from public network.

There is no additional authentication except for the "PHP suEXEC Daemon mode" as the PHP main process running as root user.
This mode cannot be used for remote PHP server due to that the master secret keeps changing after each server restart.

Yes, firewall will be the only way to protect the remote PHP server port, and it should be protected against accessing from public network.
I assume processgroup mode also doesn't work?