Litespeed & EasyApache 4 compatibility

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
No PHP compiling anymore for EasyApache4. It will need a lsphp package to get everything work. cPanel has built it. I am now waiting for the ETA when it can be shipped to the EA4 repository. I will update you once I have more detail.

tina

CloudLinux is currently working with cPanel to integrate with EasyApache 4’s MultiPHP.

Will LiteSpeed work correctly with the upcoming integrated CloudLinux/EA4 setup?

NiteWave

Administrator
should be no problem.
cloudlinux has provided alt-php for litespeed before EasyApache 4.
with alt-php, no need "Build Matching LSPhp" when EasyApache 3. in other words, cloudlinux's alt-php is pre-built matching lsphp. so I believe cPanel and ClouldLinux will take care of litespeed themselves with EasyApache 4, just get rid of the needs of "Build Matching LSPhp" from litespeed. that's a good thing and we appreciate the effort of them.

No PHP compiling anymore for EasyApache4. It will need a lsphp package to get everything work. cPanel has built it. I am now waiting for the ETA when it can be shipped to the EA4 repository. I will update you once I have more detail.
Hi Pong,

I was wondering if you've heard anything else on this, or have an update.

Thank you!

wanah

Not everyone uses cloudlinux, we do but others don't. Litespeed is officially supported by cPanel, but only in the sense that they will not request reverting to apache and not for the building process. I'm guessing that EA4 could be compatible with litespeed's PHP repo. Litespeed defenatly needs to look into this and if it's not already being done, talk with cPanel to find out what is being done, and what needs to be done :)

wanah

Doesn't cPanel supply plugin developers with a free testing licence ? If you don't have one maybe you could try and request one, this way you would be able to test EA4 and see if it already works and maybe even write a wikii entry of how to get it working.

Thanks.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
cPanel EA4 is still beta release and on edge tier. The PHP LSAPI packages were planned by cPanel but not in the cPanel EA4 testing repository as yet. Not sure their ETA for final release.

We built such packages and temporarily placed them in LiteSpeed repository for now until you can get them directory from EA4 repo.

If you want to experience EA4 with LiteSpeed, upgrade your cPanel to edge version, switch from EA3 to EA4, then follow this wiki to get proper PHP installed and configuration.

https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:cpanel:easyapache4-config

cool_recep

cPanel 56 is released to RELEASE channel. Does this make things any easier fro EA4 and Litespeed ? Can I enable EA4 and then use PHP7 with LSWS ?

Or should I wait for cPanel 58 which will have EA4 as default ?

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
That's actual a good question for cPanel. You should log a ticket with them to see when ea-php5X-php-litespeed will be available in the cpanel official repository.

cool_recep

So, Cpanel v58 is out and it contains a stable version of EA4. How can I switch to EA4 and does not break anything ?

OK. I think the answer is post #9.