WP Cache: Network Admin Setting?

I see v1.0.2 has this new feature:
"Added a "Use Network Admin Setting" option for "Enable LiteSpeed Cache". For single sites, this choice will default to enabled."

I find this a bit confusing. Is this only for WordPress Multisites?

When upgrading the plugin from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 it changed my setting from Enabled to Use Network Admin Setting on a single site. Does this mean it disabled caching?

Any chance this could be clarified better for single sites?

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
That's the default value if not set. For single site, it is enabled by default, unless you specifically set "disabled".

After upgrading the plugin on a single site it went from Enabled to Use Network Admin Setting which is why I was confused if the caching was still turned on or not.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
We are actively working on this plugin, so bug reports should be sorted out quickly. And we are open to all suggestions and feedback. Thanks for trying it.

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
For others who might still be wondering,

The Enable LiteSpeed Cache setting allows you to override the network admins settings when in a multi-site environment. "Use Network Admin Setting" is the default value which enables/disables LSCache based on the network admin's setting.

If you are in a single site environment without a network admin, having "Use Network Admin Setting" selected defaults to "Enabled".

So for single WordPress sites "Use Network Admin Setting" = "Enabled".

Thanks for the clarification.

I think that may be a little confusing for end users of single sites.

Would it be possible to hide the Network Admin part if it's a single site so only Enabled/Disabled show?