[Resolved] Bug with WP Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
that will stop xenforo cache from working as well. assuming more traffic to xenforo, better just uninstall wp cache plugin, and use xenforo plugin.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
your issue is caused by xenforo plugin and wp plugin share the same _lscache_vary cookie (we will have solution for you, next week, our guys will be in WHD Germany, so give us 2 weeks). so I would suggest that you disable xenforo cache for now, and only use for wp cache. Need to set "enable public cache = No, check public cache = Yes". for wp cache admin bar should be resolved if you turn off xf cache.
Very appreciated your help, once resolved, we'll mention your site, and we are happy to do a case study or a show case blog for your site.

cool_recep

Thank you. I have always talked about how perfect the Litespeed is and how can we serve 100.000 daily unique visitors with just one server :)

I am an early adopter and I think it is very normal to have bugs. And they can be solved by cooperation. That's why we are communicating :)

Two weeks is not a problem. We can live with that :)

Thanks again.

cool_recep

Updated to 1.0.3 and now seeing this error on the settings page:

Code:
Warning: _() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in /home/technopa/public_html/wp-content/plugins/litespeed-cache/admin/class-litespeed-cache-admin.php on line 488
And it did not solve my problem. The admin bar still disappears.

Last edited:

KevinFwu

Administrator
Staff member
Hi cool_recep,

Regarding the warning, if you go to that file, line 488, you will see this:
Code:
 $buf .= $this->display_config_row(_('Enablle LiteSpeed Cache', 'litespeed-cache'), $input_enable);
This should be edited to:
Code:
$buf .= $this->display_config_row(__('Enable LiteSpeed Cache', 'litespeed-cache'), $input_enable);
(There should be an extra underscore, Enable is also a typo)

Regarding the admin bar issue, we do not have the wiki up yet, but essentially, you need to add the following line to your .htaccess file for both XenForo and WordPress, after RewriteBase and before any rules with the [L] flag:
Code:
RewriteRule .? - [E=Cache-Vary:_my_custom_vary]
As lauren explained earlier, they are using the same cookie. You should have a different value for each web application, _my_custom_vary is just an example. One example is something like _my_wordpress_vary and _my_xenforo_vary. Whatever they may be, it should be different for each web application installation.

Once those are added, update your LSWS installation to the latest 5.0.14. It was patched with this fix.

Let me know how it goes,
Kevin

cool_recep

After adding RewriteRule .? - [E=Cache-Vary:_my_custom_vary] to Xenforo Htaccess, posts started giving 404. So, I removed it. Sent contents of the Htaccess via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.