Content Coding Error/ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED! Need help

sahith

I have been using litespeed from almost 4years, but recently my websites are returning following errors

"Content Encoding Error" in Firefox

"ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED" in Google Chrome

After thorough investigation, i came to know that its happening because of Gzip compression, and these error only come occasionally. But i want them to be rectified

Following attachment is my Litespeed Gzip compression settings,Please let me know if there is anything wrong. Capture.PNG

NiteWave

Administrator
it may due to "double gzip" for whatever reason.

to identify/debug the issue, you've to find a way to reproduce the issue easily.
at least which URL is easy to have this problem.

for example, you find /path/to/this-url.html is often problem, you can disable gzip in .htaccess for it:
RewriteRule path/to/this-url.html - [E=no-gzip:1]
to see if the issue will be gone. if so, can confirm it's double gzip'ed, then dig it further why it happens.

sahith

I cant reproduce it, because it only happen occasionally, that too on random urls. Anyway i decided to record screen while refreshing some pages.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please upgrade to the latest build 5.0.17, it could be caused by a bug in early build of 5.0.17
Please run command
/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 5.0.17

sahith

There is one more thing i observed is, that error not happening for sites using litespeed cache, But those sites also getting this error when user accessing pages which are not yet cached. I need fix for this please :)

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please keep an eye on /dev/shm free space, may be it is due to running out of disk space.
change static cache swap space to a partition with more space.

We need a reliable way to reproduce this issue to figure out the root cause.

sahith

I got it checked every way, space is plenty, I am using Cloudflare for now to get away from these errors temporarily, Hope there will be fix soon.