[Resolved] Litemage configuration on cPanel with https ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanah

Hello,
I've been following the instructions to enable lscache for all users (litemage and wordpress cache) and some things seem to be mising from your documentation for cPanel :

1) I create /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/lscache.conf containing :
Code:
<IfModule Litespeed>
CacheRoot /lscache/
</IfModule>
What user, group and chmod should /lscache that file have ?

We use cagefs like most hosts do (minimum requirement for shared hosting security in our oppinion), what do we need to add so /lscache/ is accessible ? Does it have to be accessible for users or just by lsadmin ?

2) I create /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/lscache_vhosts.conf and /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/ssl/lscache_vhosts.conf

That contains :
Code:
<IfModule Litespeed>
CacheRoot lscache
</IfModule>
and then run /scripts/ensure_vhost_includes --all-users

What happens when I add a new user ? Can I call it .lsccahe insead of lscache, if so do I have to put an antislash before the . to have :
Code:
<IfModule Litespeed>
CacheRoot \.lscache
</IfModule>
or can I use directly :
Code:
<IfModule Litespeed>
CacheRoot .lscache
</IfModule>
What happens when I or a reseller adds a new user ? Do we have to create a /root/cpanel3-skel/.lscache ?

Last edited by a moderator:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can use
Code:
CacheRoot .lscache
it will create ".lscache" directory under each new account's home directory. no need to change cpanel3-skel, and it does not matter it is mounted inside user's cage or not, it is use by web server only. just give it a try see if it works properly or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

wanah

Thanks, what about the global cache directory ? can it be in /dev/shm ? or should it be on disk ? Should the owner be lsws or lsadm ?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
global cache directory wont be used for vhosts with their own cache directory. you can use /dev/shm if you want, server reboot will clear it. server creates those directory automatically with correct ownership, no need to worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.