Is this bug or Litespeed count www and root domain as same domain?

I have two virtual hosts:

I`m getting error like:
Hostname [example.com] on listener [*:80] is mapped to virtual host [57fd600ef911cf2dc47fcf80-0], can't map to virtual host [57fd600ef911cf2dc47fcf80-1]!

If i change to anything else like "www2.example.com", its working fine. When Litespeed try to add "www.example.com" to "57fd600ef911cf2dc47fcf80-1" virtual host, as you can see even from the logs, Litespeed parse that domain as "example.com".

Is this a bug? In theory, they are totally two different domains.
Litespeed 5.1.9 version.

Hi,

is regarded as 1 domain in litespeed, maybe from the beginning. so can't define 2 virtual hosts for same domain.
what's your use case you've to define 2 virtual hosts ? the workaround is to combine 2 virtual hosts into 1.
Dont have real life use case, but since im developing an platform related to Litespeed and while testing i discover this. From my tests, looks like litespeed always trim "www." from the domain.

Tests:
Does the logic behind this is:
  • If domain start with "www.", remove it

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Do you use LSWS by reading Apache configuration? any control panel, like cpanel?
LiteSpeed will do the same way as Apache.

for example.com and www.example.com, normally just one virtual host with alias, instead of two virtual hosts.

If you are developing a platform with LiteSpeed, I would recommend to get Apache return right firstly, then LiteSpeed will read apache conf file and should work the same way as apache.