3.2.3 Std admin section is wonky in IE6

brrr

All was good under 3.2.2, however there appears to have been some HTML changes to the page code in the LSWS Std admin area.

These produce bad display behaviour when displayed under my fav browser, which uses the IE6 engine. It works well under FF, Opera etc but no longer works well under IE6.

The attached GIF image (zipped to be able to show the page full-size)illustrates the problem.

Basically the javascript behind the new top menu unravels completely and all the menu items are displayed as unordered list items with a ugly blue background.

More disconcertingly, the table column width also goes awry, as text behind the little 'Information' image fails to wrap properly within the table columns anymore, making a page that formerly may have occupied only 2 or 3 page screens in height now 20 screens in height..

Furthermore, textual table content disappears once you scroll down past it (!)

Needless to say, adminning LSWS under my favorite browser is no longer bearable.

The problem goes away if I disable javascript when browsing the LSWS admin interface, so the new jscript is almost certainly the problem.

This sort of thing is certainly doable so that it works under IE6.

Webmin also recently made some changes to their standard admin interface theme that also went wonky the same way (using a similarly fancy collapsing js menu etc) under IE6, but which was quickly fixed after several users reported the bug, so I know it can be done properly :)

Attachments