About LiteSpeed server install and Wordpress

Please excuse my complete lack of server technology. Recently my Wordpress site has been growing and the amount of requests are starting to make the VPS server unstable. I currently use WP Fastest Cache and CloudFlare CDN to help speed up delivery. This has worked very well in the past but recently my hosts blacklisted CloudFlares IP addresses as they looked like some attack due to the amount of requests. This caused a 522 error.

To get around this issue they have suggested using a LiteSpeed server install, as this can apparently process requests a lot faster than my current Apache server. They have said that they can instigate a trial period so that I can make up my mind. OK I thought why not.

I just want to know a few things:

Will the switch over be painless and without drop out to the site uptime?
Apart from the monthly subscription on the server is there any other charge?
Will I be able to use my current Caching plugins - WP Fastest Cache - or will I need to change to the Litespeed Cache plugin?
If that is the case will I have to use the LSCache on the server level, and is there a charge for this?

NiteWave

Administrator
1) usually the downtime is 0 -- and you can switch between apache and litespeed any time later;
2) no, monthly license fee only.
3) litespeed cache plugin is an option, you can keep all your current plugins
4) you can think LSCache is an additional module for litespeed web server. need purchase it separately, at the time being it's $6/month.