Anybody got Relay (Ajax Directory Manager) fully going?

aemadrid

I can't seem to get Relay (Ajax Directory Manager) [1] fully working? It uploads most of the files but the upload progress bar does not work. I'm guessing that I don't have the upload.pl script setup right. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

AEM

[1] http://ecosmear.com/relay/

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
LiteSpeed fully-buffers all incoming requests, including uploads, before submitting the request to the backend/external process. Thus, your upload progress bar will not work. The trade-off is that the server is able to handle much more simultaneous connections as your ext apps are no longer wasting resources doing slow i/o work.

aemadrid

Upload bar

LiteSpeed fully-buffers all incoming requests, including uploads, before submitting the request to the backend/external process. Thus, your upload progress bar will not work. The trade-off is that the server is able to handle much more simultaneous connections as your ext apps are no longer wasting resources doing slow i/o work.
So, in short, there is no way of getting an upload bar to work? The problem I have is I need to upload some relatively large files (20-50MB) and most people that will be using it are computer illiterate so (S)FTP is out of the question. Flash uploads would have the same problem? Sorry to be annoying but I'm just trying to figure this out.

Sincerely,

Adrian Madrid

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Correct. The upload progress bar scripts will not work but the uploads will still function as normal. We will address this issue in a future release but right now the easiest way to do it is to setup a perl server, separate from litespeed, that only handles uploads so you can get your perl upload-progress bar to work.

aemadrid

Upload bar

Correct. The upload progress bar scripts will not work but the uploads will still function as normal. We will address this issue in a future release but right now the easiest way to do it is to setup a perl server, separate from litespeed, that only handles uploads so you can get your perl upload-progress bar to work.
Thanks for the info. I have no idea how to setup a Perl server so I guess for the moment this is a no go.

Sincerely,

AEM

WOW, sorry to drag this post from the depths, but we are using some code based on the Relay script and are having the exact same problems with Litespeed.

Has anyone found a fix for this problem?

Last edited: