Apache to lightSpeed

Hi there ,

I manage a hosting server.
The server is Cpanel control panel with apache .

Currently the server hosts about 1000 websites !
Server is stable and load of server is Normal in all the times .

CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550
Memory : 8 GB

I just want to change webserver for more security and speed !
Please advise us :

1- Do you recommend to install lightspeed for this server ? we have many accounts in this server and I can't test or do risk ! I should change the server , if you can 100% guarantee that performance and security will be better .

2- Do you install and tune lightspeed or I should by myself ?

3- we are using suphp and modsecurity for security . Do you provide mod_security rule updates ?

4- Do you recommend firewall for lightspeed ? like CSF ( Configserver ) or we don't need firewall ?

5- Currently Websites are working with apache . Lightspeed creates Virtual hosts of accounts from Apache httpd.conf automatically ?

6- Can I change lightspeed to apache again easily ? Do you provide uninstaller script ? Is it free ?

NiteWave

Administrator
>6- Can I change lightspeed to apache again easily ? Do you provide uninstaller script ? Is it free ?

yes. it's easy to switch between apache and litespeed. 2 buttons added in cPanel.
plus: you can run litespeed and apache at the same time during transition period. say: apache run at port 80, litespeed run at port 2080. so you compare easily if vhost is running well under apache and litespeed.

5. yes.

4. you can keep current firewall.

3. litespeed use PHP suEXEC, act as suphp in apache.

2.youself. as most ISP does. refer https://store.litespeedtech.com/store/cart.php?gid=5 for our paid service.

1.we can't 100% guarantee. no one can't 100% guarantee something. but there are many hosts with thousand of accounts choose litespeed to replace apache as their solution, and many of them using cPanel.

Hello Adnan,

We run an environment with 2 x Quad-core 5345 and 8GBs of RAM and the 2-processor trial license appears to be sufficient at this time. The server is much faster now over suPHP.

A new release of LiteSpeed has greater mod_security support from what we can see so far and works with CSF mod_sec blocking.