Best methods for allowing Googlebot to crawl the rendered page with CSS?

Hi there,

I think we're having a few issues getting Googlebot to properly crawl our pages.

We use LSCache as our caching plugin and it looks like Googlebot isn't able to render the page properly, stripping it and cooking the layout.

GSC-screenshot-seo-services.jpg
The page itself is mobile-friendly, Googlebot is just failing to load a decent amount of stylesheets and is returning errors like text being too small (it's 16px), and clickable elements are too close together even though this has been fixed.

seo-services-page-resources.jpg

Should we just reinstall this plugin? I'm worried about doing so. The page in question is our SEO Services page and one of our biggest traffic sources, so we desperately need to fix this given Google's mobile-first index.

Any help would be appreciated.

serpent_driver

The issue is not caused by LScache plugin, although there are some misconfigurations. Cache private?! Why?

Possible reasons that could cause issue:

Tooooooooooo much data to load, > 5MB is toooo much
Tooooooooooo much Javascript
Tooooooooooo much CSS
Tooooooooooo much violations of content security policy
Tooooooooooo much cookies with wrong Same Site attribut

This page isn't a good marketing for SEO company.

My advice, disable cache plugin and fix all before you enable plugin and don't play around with settings you don't understand.

For further support use official support page of LScache for WP: https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/threads/please-use-the-official-wordpress-forum.16028/

The issue is not caused by LScache plugin, although there are some misconfigurations. Cache private?! Why?

Possible reasons that could cause issue:

Tooooooooooo much data to load, > 5MB is toooo much
Tooooooooooo much Javascript
Tooooooooooo much CSS
Tooooooooooo much violations of content security policy
Tooooooooooo much cookies with wrong Same Site attribut

This page isn't a good marketing for SEO company.

My advice, disable cache plugin and fix all before you enable plugin and don't play around with settings you don't understand.

For further support use official support page of LScache for WP: https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/threads/please-use-the-official-wordpress-forum.16028/
Where are you seeing that cache is private?

The page size correlates with the amount of content we have - long-form content tends to rank better and that's what we're aiming to do, hence why we're using a caching plugin.

No settings have been changed out of the box in LSCache, it has been this way for as long as I can remember.

We're not interested in opinions on what you think of the page. Our concern is that Googlebot isn't rendering the page properly, is stripping the CSS and as such is failing the mobile-friendly test. The 'other error' message doesn't provide us with any information other than to speculate that it relates to a quota limit, or if it could be due to LSCache.

Will post on the WordPress forums for more helpful advice. Appreciate your valuable insight nonetheless, thanks.

serpent_driver

Where are you seeing that cache is private?
private.jpg

The page size correlates with the amount of content we have - long-form content tends to rank better and that's what we're aiming to do, hence why we're using a caching plugin.
Yes, content, but not huge number of toooo much and to big static sources like Javascript and CSS

No settings have been changed out of the box in LSCache, it has been this way for as long as I can remember.
Setting cache to private isn't a out of the box setting.

We're not interested in opinions on what you think of the page. Our concern is that Googlebot isn't rendering the page properly, is stripping the CSS and as such is failing the mobile-friendly test. The 'other error' message doesn't provide us with any information other than to speculate that it relates to a quota limit, or if it could be due to LSCache.

Will post on the WordPress forums for more helpful advice. Appreciate your valuable insight nonetheless, thanks.
I think you don't understand what the problem is. There is no rendering issue. Your page has too much bad code and too much code for static sources and that causes too much time to load data. Lscache optimizes code, but it can't fix bad code.

View attachment 2240

Yes, content, but not huge number of toooo much and to big static sources like Javascript and CSS

Setting cache to private isn't a out of the box setting.

I think you don't understand what the problem is. There is no rendering issue. Your page has too much bad code and too much code for static sources and that causes too much time to load data. Lscache optimizes code, but it can't fix bad code.
Thanks for the amazing insight, but we're awaiting a reply and will continue the discussion elsewhere.