"cannot load configure file"

Hi,

I have a problem with setting up my vHosts.
I created the conf files and when I save them I get no error message. But after restarting LiteSpeed it says
"[config:server:vhosts] cannot load configure file"
and
"[/my/path/conf/vh_conf.xml:1] no element found"

Both file and folder permission are set to "777".

I have no idea what I did wrong and compared most of the settings with my other LiteSpeed installation but they're identical.

Do you have an idea how I can solve my problem?
Thanks for your help!

Well, I now tested it on my other server and it doesn't work there, neither.
The new created files just have "600" permissions, but after changing it to "777" and restarting, the error is the same.

Is it a bug or what do I wrong?

ts77

I guess mistwang just meant to do some changes through the webinterface to get them saved in the file.
How did you create the conf-files? Just define them in the web-admin and click on the message telling you to "click here to create" or something like that. I think it will create the conf-file then with the correct structure.

That's what I did.

(Well, I use a Mac and in Safari and Firefox the link is not clickable. Instead, you see the source in the normal web page view.
I changed it in Firefox with Firebug and then clicked on it. The file was generated but it's empty.)

Oh, so stupid ...

I didn't set up the Document Root because it's was new to me. I think in LiteSpeed 2 it had not to set it up seperately.
Now it works.

For the LiteSpeed staff:
Can you make the error messages a bit more clearly?
And it would be great to put "Document Root" in the "Basic" tab. ;)