Can't get to Administration interface

I think I've looked through all the posts in this installation section, and I conclude that I'm the only one facing such a lame problem: after installing LiteSpeed on my SuSe machine (doing all the defaults), I can't not just connect to 8088, but also to 7080 - in both cases I get the response from LiteSpeed saying "404 Not Found". So, can't even start the web-configuration.

Some additional info if you kindly take your time to help me:
1) I have no linux machine at my hand, so I had to install it remotely (SuSe Virtuozzo installation). Thus, I can't try it locally.
2) I did check the DNS settings for the domain I'm using (well, the problem is differently not that, cause I do get some response from LiteSpeed).
3) I do have ssh to log in the server - doesn't help much at the moment.

(I've been fighting the whole day with installing RoR with Apache, gave up finally, now trying out LiteSpeed - and now this).

Thanks for any help!

The current state of things can be easily seen here: http://diesegel.com:7080 - well, just as I described.

Sergei

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It seems that it is pretty tricky to install LSWS on a Virtuozzo VPS.

It would be the best if you can PM me a temp root login to that box, so I can take a closer look.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The problem is that LSWS has been installed under root user's home directory which is only accessible to root user, so after server starts, the server process changed uid and cannot access any file.

Just install LSWS to /opt/lsws or /usr/local/lsws, it should work fine.