[Closed] Litemage and disable caching only on home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Long

Hi, based on the description in the link it should be /

URL Blacklist
Global setting. List of relative URLs contained in Cacheable Routes that you would like to exclude from caching. Space, comma, return separated.

I tried this, but then none of sites is caching. When I write /lorem, then lorem page is noncaching but rest is caching, so probably something is wrong with LiteMage module

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
May I ask why you cannot cache home page? Most people will visit front page, what's the reason? There may be better solution than not caching.

I'll look into the blacklist URL thing.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
You can add "cms_index_index" to user defined do-no-cache route. I'll get back to you on url black list later.

But for your case, the better solution I think is to identify that block, update in config.xml (remember to keep a copy as it will be overridden by upgrade), make it a public cacheable block with TTL 60 secs, something like
Code:
<frontrandom>
  <access>public</access>
  <blocks> ...</blocks> here is your unique blockname, make sure it's unique name in layout file
  <ttl>60</ttl>
</frontrandom>
This way for visitor within 60 secs they all see the same front page, you can make it 5 minutes or 10 minutes if feasible.
and when it regenerates, only this block is being refreshed, instead of the whole page. and 90% of home page visits can be served from cache.
Let me know if this solution works, then we'll update our wiki (Let us know if this is from some extension, what's the extension link/name).

Last edited by a moderator:
After add to cms_index_index to do-no-cache route hompage is still caching (I recieve in header: X-LiteSpeed-Cache hit,litemage).

Second solution I don't know how to use. Should I change it i config.xml iof litemage module?
I've got this block in CMS ->pages -> Content like {{block type="catalog/product_list" name="home.catalog.product.list" alias="products_homepage" category_id="109" template="catalog/product/list-bestseller.phtml"}}

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
because it is still cached by lsws. you need to put your IP in admin IPs, then you can use homeurl?LITEMAGE_CTRL=PURGE

2nd option (preferred): add in litemage config.xml, next to <footer> public
Code:
<frontrandom>
<access>public</access>
<blocks>home.catalog.product.list</blocks>
<ttl>120</ttl>
</frontrandom>
you need to purge frontpage first using LITEMAGE_CTRL command.

Last edited by a moderator:
because it is still cached by lsws. you need to put your IP in admin IPs, then you can use homeurl?LITEMAGE_CTRL=PURGE
I purged all cache and not working
2nd option (preferred): add in litemage config.xml, next to <footer> public
<frontrandom>
<access>public</access>
<blocks>home.catalog.product.list</blocks>
<ttl>120</ttl>
</frontrandom>
I added it and purged all cache and not working either

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
Try LiteMage 1.1, your issues should be resolved. Fixed a url blacklist. added home page TTL. also added multiple custom list. So for your case, you can set up a shorter TTL for home page, or add the custom list to refresh home url every 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.