Configuring LiteSpeed Cache for Wordpress

Hello, let me tell you first how it all started. Two days ago my hosting company recommended me to use LiteSpeed Cache for my wordpress website. I was in search of a cache plugin that would let me clear the cache just on a few pages from my website. This is because i did not want to purge all the cache every time i add new content.

I have installed it, and i think it works somehow. When i`m adding new content some of the content are showing on the website very fast some take a bit longer. Maybe that`s because LiteSpeed Cache is redoing the cache.

Question time :
1. How do i know that my plugin is configured the right way.
2. Is my entire cache purging every time i add new content?
3. Is there a way to purge just some pages? Example : Home page and two other category pages.

Thank you!

Tishu

Hello,
First - to see full options, please go to Litespeed cache -> Settings (in wordpress admin area) and click on "Advanced view". That way we will see the full list of options.
To see what and when content is purge, please go to Litespeed cache -> Settings -> Purge tab.

I will recommend for you to read our blog post for Wordpress cache plugin and our wiki. You can find the information:

https://blog.litespeedtech.com/tag/wordpress/

https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:cache:lscwp

lclarke

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, Travalis.

Just to expand a little bit on what Tishu said, your question #2 is covered by tag-based purge. Tag-based purge means: when one page changes, LSCache knows to purge that page along with related pages, and only those pages are purged. This is configured through the Purge tab Tishu mentioned, under "Auto Purge Rules for Publish/Update." For example, if you update a post, LSCache knows to purge that post's page, along with the home page, and any archive pages that are related to that post (category, tag, monthly, etc.).

I hope this helps! For more on how LSCache works, check out our LiteSpeed Caching 101 blog post.
Lisa