Differences with Varnish

bettinz

Hello,
i'm really curious to try LSCache, and now i've varnish plugin.
But i'm worried about LSCache configuration: .htaccess to edit, private or shared cache, edit the cms for compatibility, etc.
I want a solution that I install and "forget": my customers doesn't need to edit .htaccess or edit the scripts, and it need to works in a shared environment.

So I've found this: http://www.unixy.net/advanced-hosting/varnish-litespeed-cpanel/
I've now varnish and it works great, but most important, i've installed and forgotten. I want to use LSCache because I'm happy with Litespeed, but can you tell me if I've misunderstood the LSCache function/basic use, or if it's different from varnish?

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Yup. Basically the same (except that LSCache removes one layer by being integrated into LSWS). The Unixy Varnish Plugin simply enables private cache with Varnish. The same is very easy with LSCache. In fact, it can be enabled in our WHM Plugin (under LiteSpeed Configuration).

You can read up on private cache here: https://www.litespeedtech.com/suppo...:setup-guidline#public_cache_vs_private_cache

Private cache offers far fewer benefits than public cache, but it also requires much, much less configuration, and you can "forget it". (Thus private cache is useful for shared hosting). If you want to try out LSCache, you can simply upgrade your license. You can always downgrade again if you want.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Michael

bettinz

Thank you for the fast and helpful reply :) Do you provide a trial for the only LSCache add-on? I've the ultra VPS, I want to try the cache in my enviroment and not with LSWS 2 Cpu License :)
Second question: if I buy the add-on, and tomorrow I'll buy the 2 CPU License, do you provide a discount price? Like:
2CPU Price (x)
Cache AddonPrice (y)
Ultra VPS price (z)
Upgrade price (ß)

x - y - z = ß

Thank you

Last edited:

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

We do not have a trial LSCache license at the moment, but you do have two other options:

1. Purchase the module to try it out. If you decide you don't want it, simply downgrade off the module and we'll return the remaing price for the month. This will cost you a little money, but it won't be more than a few dollars if you just try it for a couple weeks.

2. You can always download our trial license (which is a 2-CPU license). (If you have already used up the trial period on this IP, just send me the IP and I'll reset it.) Yes, the 2-CPU license has access to one more core than the Ultra VPS license, so it's not a perfect comparison, but it should give you a good idea of cache performance and it will be free.

As for your second question, yes. We don't do the calculation exactly in the way you've described, but the result is the same.

If you were to buy the 2-CPU license, that would be an upgrade. Upgrade prices are calculated as: x - z = B

You would then downgrade off the module and be credited for the price of LSCache for the remaining days in the month (as described above).

Cheers,

Michael