EAProc WaitQ Problem

Hello there,

i have following config server and hit a lot of traffic at time.

CENTOS 5.5 x86_64
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5440 2.83
24GB Ram

I have installed Litespeed for 2CPU and running 3 websites all with high traffic as follows.

System Load 3.29
Requests/Sec 125
Traffic In/Sec 76KB
Traffic Out/Sec 1,123KB

APVH_xxxx.com 123 65 0 1 10 0 556 0

As per results you can see EAProc WaitQ 556

I have almost all default config values.

As per seen other thread on this issue.

PHP suEXEC Max Conn - 10

I have changed to 100, 200, 300 but still get some EAProc WaitQ.

As a result my website keeps loading slow.

Can you please suggest wht should be changed?

Or can you please help me to fine tune my server for lsws?

Regards
Jeck

NiteWave

Administrator
since only 3 websites, php non-suExec mode may be better for higher performance and not sure if you're experiencing ddos.

Last edited:
Thanx 4 reply.

Ok then I change to non-suExe for better peformance.

But one thing is that in Real Stats- Ddos shows none

And I guess if its Ddos then should be prevent by lsws.

Wht do you say abt this?

since only 3 websites, php non-suExec mode may be better for higher performance and not sure if you're experiencing ddos.

NiteWave

Administrator
lsws can be used as shared hosting. in that case there may be thousands of accounts and websites are running under lsws. in that case php suExec is necessary for better security. but php non-suExec mode has better performance. since only 3 websites are hosted in your case, should choose php non-suExec mode. --- and you've changed to this mode.

you can strace the long running php process, to see what it's doing. for example, if php process download a huge video file from youtube etc, surely it'll take long time to complete, and cause high number of EAProc WaitQ

lsws can be used as shared hosting. in that case there may be thousands of accounts and websites are running under lsws. in that case php suExec is necessary for better security. but php non-suExec mode has better performance. since only 3 websites are hosted in your case, should choose php non-suExec mode. --- and you've changed to this mode.

you can strace the long running php process, to see what it's doing. for example, if php process download a huge video file from youtube etc, surely it'll take long time to complete, and cause high number of EAProc WaitQ
Hi there,

I have changed to No in lsws - Using Apache Configuration File - PHP suEXEC - No

So now EAProc WaitQ is not showing in domain vhost but EAProc WaitQ now started showing in

_Server vhost.