Easy Digital Downloads Link doesn't expire.

Hi, I got some downloads hooked up with EDD, you can set an expire time and after that the link doesn't work anymore for obvious reasons.

However, the litespeed server doesn't let the link expire which is an huge issue. I have no idea how to fix that but this is what EDD had to say on WP:

Hi @wpuzman and @spac3monk3y

I have done some R&D and found that “deny from all” in .htaccess in litespeed server will not work.

Here is one doc for lightspeed server https://www.litespeedtech.com/docs/webserver/config/general/#allowOverride

Which shows some settings need to be done via account.
This is their .htaccess:
Code:
Options -Indexes
deny from all
<FilesMatch '\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif|mp3|ogg)$'>
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
</FilesMatch>
What do I do?

Cheers

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
what do you mean to make "Easy Digital Downloads Link doesn't expire"? Can you provide more detailed example?
Your rule in .htaccess with deny, allow , does it work with Apache? Basically LiteSpeed will work the same way as an apache web server.

what do you mean to make "Easy Digital Downloads Link doesn't expire"? Can you provide more detailed example?
Your rule in .htaccess with deny, allow , does it work with Apache? Basically LiteSpeed will work the same way as an apache web server.
Let's say I sell an eBook. After payment EDD will create a unique download link to DL the PDF. In the EDD settings I can set a time how long that unique link is valid before it creates an unique link again when the user downloads it again.

This is to prevent direct linking otherwise everyone could download the PDF without payment.

I've set the expiry time to one hour but when I tried it the link still worked after hours.

So I asked the developers of EDD as I found a thread of an other guy with the same issue as me and also on a litespeed server and thus:
I have done some R&D and found that “deny from all” in .htaccess in litespeed server will not work.
And yes it works on Apache and even though it should work the same on litespeed it doesn't.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Your rule doesn't contain any pdf format. "jpg|jpeg|png|gif|mp3|ogg", how does it prevent pdf download? We need exact direct linking which you said not working to check again your apache on the server server. You may log a ticket by providing exact steps to reproduce and provide tmp root ssh for us to check.

Your rule doesn't contain any pdf format. "jpg|jpeg|png|gif|mp3|ogg", how does it prevent pdf download? We need exact direct linking which you said not working to check again your apache on the server server. You may log a ticket by providing exact steps to reproduce and provide tmp root ssh for us to check.
Hmm good find, didn't notice that as I assumed these guys would have their own code in check.

I'll go test it with the pdf added in the code and see what happens.

Cheers.