Error: ERROR: Unable to detect download method (install curl, fetch, or wget)

fastproxy

Hi,

I get this error when try to compile PHP in admin panel. It is only occurs for LSWS 3.3.7 and 3.3.9, the previous version has no problem with it.

ERROR: Unable to detect download method (install curl, fetch, or wget)
Do you know what could be the cause?

Thanks

'solved' this on OS X Leopard by copying the wget binary from my MacPorts install. Supplying "/opt/local/bin/" as extra PATH environment didn't help.

Code:
cp /opt/local/bin/wget /usr/bin/
Now it gives errors about libpng.a and png.h, I don't think it's that good of an idea to go copy all the files it errors on. [edit] You might be able to fix those library errors by adding this to the Configure options:

Code:
--prefix=/opt/local/
[edit] didn't work.

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can check configuration options used for building that php5 binary with
php -i

And use the same option to build lsphp.
However, if you installed php5 as a binary package, it may not have all dependent development packages installed.

You can check configuration options used for building that php5 binary with
php -i
Thanks for the tip. This is what it tells me:

Code:
$ /opt/local/apache2/bin/php -i | grep ./configure
Configure Command =>  './configure'  '--prefix=/opt/local' '--mandir=/opt/local/share/man' '--infodir=/opt/local/share/info' '--with-config-file-path=/opt/local/etc' '--enable-calendar' '--with-iconv=/opt/local' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-wddx' '--with-zlib=/opt/local' '--with-bz2=/opt/local' '--without-sqlite' '--without-pdo-sqlite' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/local' '--with-gettext=/opt/local' '--with-xml' '--with-expat-dir=/opt/local' '--with-xmlrpc' '--enable-soap' '--enable-filepro' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dba' '--with-openssl=/opt/local' '--with-mhash=/opt/local' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/local' '--with-xsl=/opt/local' '--with-curl=/opt/local' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/local' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/opt/local' '--with-png-dir=/opt/local' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--without-pear' '--with-freetype-dir=/opt/local' '--with-ldap=/usr' '--with-kerberos=/usr' '--with-iodbc=/usr' '--with-apxs2=/opt/local/apache2/bin/apxs' '--with-mysql=/opt/local' '--with-pdo-mysql=/opt/local'
Do not forget to remove '--with-apxs2=/opt/local/apache2/bin/apxs' which is meanst for linking to Apache2.

Still it errors out with:
Code:
Build complete.
Don't forget to run 'make test'.

mv /Users/henk/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.2.6 /Users/henk/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.2.6.bak; cp /Users/henk/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.2.6/sapi/litespeed/php /Users/henk/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.2.6
mv: rename /Users/henk/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.2.6 to /Users/henk/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp-5.2.6.bak: No such file or directory
Installing PHP SAPI module:       litespeed
Installing PHP CLI binary:        /opt/local/bin/
cp: /opt/local/bin/#INST@40955#: Permission denied
make: *** [install-cli] Error 1
ls_install: Failed!