FreeBSD 6.2 vs CentOS 4.4

Hi

I see a lot of benchmarks comparing litespeed with apache, but not many comparing them across OSes. Apache rocks and blazes on FreeBSD. Is there any benchmark that will allow me to compare litespeed on CentOS (the regular hosting choice these days) and FreeBSD latest?

Many thanks

Thanks, I'd like to see how FreeBSD and Apache compare with FreeBSD and LiteSpeed. When you have time.

I think the thing that will make LiteSpeed a no-brainer for me would be support for some KEY modules like mod_security, mod_evasive -- only carefully chosen ones.

ts77

just a comment:

> support for some KEY modules

You mean porting some key modules? ;)
Its not simply supporting them IMO but they need to be rewritten for litespeed as the internals are totally different from apache.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Thanks, I'd like to see how FreeBSD and Apache compare with FreeBSD and LiteSpeed. When you have time.

I think the thing that will make LiteSpeed a no-brainer for me would be support for some KEY modules like mod_security, mod_evasive -- only carefully chosen ones.
LSWS has anti-DoS feature already and it is better implemented than Apache's mod_evasive, mod_security equivalent is under development.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We could not integrate GeoIP with LSWS before because it is GPL licensed. Just found that they changed to LGPL license on the C Library, so we can go ahead with the integration, should be available in 3.0 release. :)