how can i prevent tons of processes from starting?

We have a Magento server that is experiencing high volume and we continually run in to the problem of processes spawning and not going away. For example I am looking a 30 mysql sleeping threads when it should be 3-4

I found this article on Stack Over flow in regards to Apache, what can I do for Litespeed? We have the (2) CPU current paid version 64 bit

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...cesses-spawning-when-i-start-apache-and-proce

Thanks

This is a really common problem with Magento, it would be helpful to get some more information on what we can do to Lightspeed.

We already have 2nd server (running litespeed) for our admin and it does not give any load and our MySQL server is seperate (Three server total) The only server with a load is the #1 frontend server. Any advice is appreciated.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Magento is a heavy web application which uses a lot of resources, and there is not much you can do about it.

Assuming you have done all possible optimization for Magento, I think the best choice for you now is to load balance the frontend and admin server to let admin server take some load off.