How to tell if workergroup is working ?

wanah

Hello,

In order to test the new workergroup functionality I created a file for one account :

/usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2/demoaccount/demodomain.tld/litespeed.conf

But in the process command I don't see any diferences. How can I be sure the virtualhost is in the workgroup and not in the main deamon process ?

Michael

Staff member
Howdy all,

Our apologies if this causes confusion, but we have decided to change the name of the new WorkerGroup PHP setup. The new name will be ProcessGroup.

We realized this would be necessary while creating documentation to explain the different PHP setups. The default suEXEC setup is called suEXEC Worker. It spawns a brand new worker process for each time PHP is needed. ProcessGroup, on the other hand, has a constantly running parent process for each group (each user) which forks (not spawns) new processes when the user's sites need them. The two setups are very different and we wanted to make sure that it did not seem that there was a relation between them.

While it is never ideal to change the name of a feature, we are glad that we were able to catch this so early (most have not even begun to use this feature) and hope that it will make things clearer going forward.

We have just released documentation for Worker mode and a comparison of the three suEXEC setups (Worker, Daemon, and ProcessGroup). Here is also the updated documentation for ProcessGroup.

We are in the midst of updating all mentions of ProcessGroup/WorkerGroup on the site. Please let us know if you see something confusing.

Cheers,

Michael