.htaccess Allow from IP or Domain not working

Please help!

I have a hosted web site and do not have access to the Apache server level or vhost or httpd.conf.

I have an .htaccess in my root folder with a mime directive. I have a subfolder called "/secure". In that folder I have another .htaccess file and an .htpasswd file. I also have a page that allows a download of a .msi file once the user registers. I am trying to protect that page from the general user browser while allowing the site navigation to link to the page once the registration POST is completed correctly (driven by a PERL script).

However, no matter how I access the page (either through the browser or from the correct navigation using a "Go to download" button), I receive a Windows Secure window requesting a user id and passwrod. If I key in the user id and password, the download window displays.

I can't seem to find the combination to allow the page with the button to open the secure page without the Windows Secure window.

The .htaccess code in the "/secure" folder is:
# Begin password protection #
AuthName "Username and password required!"
Require valid-user
AuthUserFile "/home/users/web/bnnnnnnn/nnnn.nnnnnn/secure/.htpasswd"
AuthType Basic
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from localhost
Allow from 65.254.248.144
Allow from msprdev.net
Allow from paypal.com
Allow from google.com
Satisfy Any
# End password protection #
end code-

Any suggestions would be most helpful. If I put in the following in any of the two .htaccess files, I receive an Internal Server error.
<Directory /home/*>
Options All
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

Thanks for your attention.

webizen

Are you accessing from any of the following? If not, please add your IP to the following list.

Allow from localhost
Allow from 65.254.248.144
Allow from msprdev.net
Allow from paypal.com
Allow from google.com