IPv6 & Graceful Restart

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ghan_04, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 Member

Hello,

I've seen a couple other reports that are similar to this but it doesn't seem to be fixed (or I'm doing something wrong).
    When I change the default listener to "[ALL] IPv6" so it will bind to both the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on my server, the graceful restart fails to rebind correctly to the addresses. I have to kill the Litespeed process and restart it manually in order to fix the problem. This happens every successive time after manually restarting as well. Any time I try a graceful restart, it doesn't rebind.

Other info:
    I only have a Default and an SSL listener (SSL on port 443).
    I have a template bound to the default listener.
    My server has three addresses - and public IPv4, private IPv4 and public IPv6.
    Current Litespeed Version: 4.1.12

2. webizen

webizen Well-Known Member

For IP rebind like you did, full(manual) stop/start is required.

3. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 Member

So this is true even for later restarts for config changes? I think it should be able to gracefully restart after rebinding correctly one time, but it does not.

4. webizen

webizen Well-Known Member

if later restart still graceful, it does not make difference. the key is that graceful restart would _not_ pickup IP binding changes only full stop/start does.

5. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 Member

But why does the interface still break even if the latest changes were not IP binding changes?
    Normally, when I make a config change and graceful restart with only the IPv4 address bound, it is fine. But now, EVERY time I graceful restart regardless of what was changed, it fails and I have to do a full start/stop.

6. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Please upgrade to latest 4.1.13 build, it should be addressed.
    you can do it from command line

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh 4.1.13

7. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 Member

It appears that this has been fixed. Thanks!

Couple of notes:

- After a successful graceful restart, everything works, but the listener shows the following on the main "Actions" page as its Address:

[::]:80

Normally it shows this: [ALL]:80
    Just a cosmetic issue and not very important.

- Previously as a workaround, I was using a template and just created one listener for IPv4 and one for IPv6 and added both to the template, which worked fine. This is likely a lot of work if you don't use a template, though.