IPv6 & Graceful Restart

Hello,

I've seen a couple other reports that are similar to this but it doesn't seem to be fixed (or I'm doing something wrong).
When I change the default listener to "[ALL] IPv6" so it will bind to both the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on my server, the graceful restart fails to rebind correctly to the addresses. I have to kill the Litespeed process and restart it manually in order to fix the problem. This happens every successive time after manually restarting as well. Any time I try a graceful restart, it doesn't rebind.

Other info:
I only have a Default and an SSL listener (SSL on port 443).
I have a template bound to the default listener.
My server has three addresses - and public IPv4, private IPv4 and public IPv6.
Current Litespeed Version: 4.1.12

So this is true even for later restarts for config changes? I think it should be able to gracefully restart after rebinding correctly one time, but it does not.

webizen

if later restart still graceful, it does not make difference. the key is that graceful restart would _not_ pickup IP binding changes only full stop/start does.

But why does the interface still break even if the latest changes were not IP binding changes?
Normally, when I make a config change and graceful restart with only the IPv4 address bound, it is fine. But now, EVERY time I graceful restart regardless of what was changed, it fails and I have to do a full start/stop.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please upgrade to latest 4.1.13 build, it should be addressed.
you can do it from command line

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh 4.1.13

It appears that this has been fixed. Thanks!

Couple of notes:

- After a successful graceful restart, everything works, but the listener shows the following on the main "Actions" page as its Address:

[::]:80

Normally it shows this: [ALL]:80
Just a cosmetic issue and not very important.

- Previously as a workaround, I was using a template and just created one listener for IPv4 and one for IPv6 and added both to the template, which worked fine. This is likely a lot of work if you don't use a template, though.