Just curious

Lee

OK, I'm using a scraping program to warm my cache.

I can tell the scraper what UA to use and if I use any of the Chrome versions (60 thru 97) it scrapes quite fast. I take the exact profile and change it to any IOS or safari version and the scrape time drops to about FIVE times slower!

So why does the UA effect the scrape times?

BTW, an observation, if I scrape using Chrome version 76 Litespeed uses the cache and scrapes at lightning speed. This tells me that the default cache that Litespeed creates is based on Chrome v76.

AndreyPopov

if you use program from @serpent_driver then problem may be in encoding parameter.
like in "magic" curl option thread.

support of many curl parameters depend of version of curl that run system where you start warmer.
also depend from what UA support.

if I know @serpent_driver use for encoding "deflate, gzip, br"
in "magic curl option" thread we have long discussion about that my "magic" curl option is curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_ENCODING, ""); (empty string).

next: openlitespeed use ONLY gzip encoding for stored cache

wrong encoding settings or force using brotli encoding can slow down recache process.

also @serpent_driver try use parameters "no wait for response" that can also have problem on some UAs.

Last edited:

serpent_driver

OK, I'm using a scraping program to warm my cache.

I can tell the scraper what UA to use and if I use any of the Chrome versions (60 thru 97) it scrapes quite fast. I take the exact profile and change it to any IOS or safari version and the scrape time drops to about FIVE times slower!

BTW, an observation, if I scrape using Chrome version 76 Litespeed uses the cache and scrapes at lightning speed. This tells me that the default cache that Litespeed creates is based on Chrome v76.
Why do you ask such question? I recently took a lot of time to explain to you how the LScache works. If I now read through your new question about this, I ask myself whether this guy doesn't want to read or doesn't he just get it.

Lee

Of course I don't get it, why else would I waste everyone's time! You may get it - I don't

Plus show me the EXACT reason you explained in an earlier post that would tell me why one UA is five times slower than another? Exactly where did you explain that so I can read it?

Last edited:

Lee

Nope, it does not explain why on my Desktop computer I can access a page using Chrome and it loads in a few seconds, I then take the same computer and emulate Safari/Mobile UA and it's 5 time slower accessing the exact same page.

serpent_driver

But you can at least infer from this that there are variable factors that affect caching. One of these factors is the user agent and I have already explained that to you.

AndreyPopov

Nope, it does not explain why on my Desktop computer I can access a page using Chrome and it loads in a few seconds, I then take the same computer and emulate Safari/Mobile UA and it's 5 time slower accessing the exact same page.
emulate in Chrome developer mode is not right method :(

you try emulate Safari using Chrome, but it still stay Chrome and desktop and use local Chrome cache.

in Chrome developer mode go to Network tab check "Disable cache"

serpent_driver

emulate in Chrome developer mode is not right method :(

you try emulate Safari using Chrome, but it still stay Chrome and desktop and use local Chrome cache.

in Chrome developer mode go to Network tab check "Disable cache"
Sorry, can't agree. For me it works and without to disable cache.

The only logical explanation is that there is no cache varies in htaccess that distinguishes between Chrome (Safari) and Chrome Mobile (Safari). @Lee can even validate that this cache varies does not exist.

AndreyPopov

Sorry, can't agree. For me it works and without to disable cache.
what work?

device emulation? it's work? but question not in this: work or not work.
question in how work.

when I try solve problem with webp images on Safari, Chrome developer mode for iPhone work perfect and show ALL images, but ...... real devices (iPhone 5,iPhone 6,iPhone 7,iPhone 8 and iPhone X) not show any images :(