Limit connection in Apache or litespeed config

I'm using cPanel + LiteSpeed.

How to Limit connection per user or website ?

The option "Per Client Dyn Reqs/sec" , can I set it on .htaccess ?

Have many options if use LIteSpeed virtual host, but I can find any way to use it under LiteSpeed + cPanel.

NiteWave

Administrator
But I want A different.

That Limit Total Number Connections of All IP / 1 user

Is is posible ? I think it posible.

You guys just sum the total connection. Because I see in Real Time Tracking, You guys show how many connections on that site.

Just make 2 more features:
- Global Limit Max Connections per user or site.
- Limit Max Connections in Virtual Host / cPanel Users.

This feature will help my server anti DDOS better.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It wont work well, as LSWS does not know which vhost a connection goes to without accepting the connection and receiving the request headers, there is no way to tell which connection is valid user, which one is from attacker, if close connections after accepting connections, valid user will be affected.

I just want limit number connection of virtual hosting.

So I can limit, that domain 50 connections max. , that user 100 connection max.

LOL... We selling hosting, it s required.

priestjim

This feature would be useful outside of the normal LSWS vhost XML configuration (ie in an .htaccess or Apache-style .conf files), because even though the server accepts the connection to verify the Host header hence cancelling its anti-DDoS protection, it still has its benefits if the site is a PHP/Ruby resource hog and it's running on a shared environment. The web server will stop before processing the request via the language interpreter, saving a lot on load!