Linux i686.

Hello.

Sorry for my English - I from Poland.

Now I had Apache. I want change this on LiteSpeed :)
In phpinfo() I see:
Linux ls678.lucidityhosting.com 2.6.15.4 #1 SMP Wed May 17 12:54:23 EDT 2006 i686
In download site I see only Linux (x86) :(
Can I install LiteSpeed on my server?

Thanks!
Martin.

Last edited:

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
NetJaro,

Our Linux x86 package will work on your server. =)

x86 means any cpu that supports the 386 or higher intel compatible instruction set.

So.

I install LiteSpeed - work :)
But, MySQL saw error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client.

I upgrade MySQL do 5.0, but it is'nt work.

Help me..

Thanks,
Martin.

ts77

the mysql-client in the installed php is too old. you need to recompile php or make litespeed use another php on the server which is compiled to a newer mysql-lib.

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
One of the major difference between Mysql and 4 and 5 protocol is that the password hashing length has been increased. Thus Mysql 4 account password no longer works under 5.

In the Mysql 5 install directory, there should be a upgrade script to convert the passwords to the new format.

Regardless, there are much more important changes between 4 and 5 and it is still highly recommended to use the Mysql 5 client API, recompile php with mysq 5 support, than use Mysql 4 api with mysql 5 workarounds.

One of the biggest improvement in Mysql 5 is the binary protocol/prepared statements. It will resolve most of the sql injection problems that is all the rage these days. Unfortunately, too many opensource apps still target Mysql 4 users for compatibility. Can't blame them but I would rather get security than compatibility.