Litespeed - Accept-Encoding: gzip issue - FB Open graph garbled content

Hello,

We run a Wordpress site with Litespeed enabled on our server.

Recently we have been experiencing problems with Facebook's Like / Share buttons as in that the open graph tags aren't converted by the server correctly and only returned as garbled text.

We have raised this with Facebook support, who say it is due to gzip (which is enabled on our site) and Litespeed:

- LiteSpeed web server doesn't respond to Accept-Encoding: gzip correctly.
- LiteSpeed can fail to remove content-length headers which can end up conflicting with the gzipped data's length.

We've also spoken to our hosting providers, but they say they can't help and we need to log the issue in this forum.

Has anyone got experience with this issue and could point us into the right direction?

Thanks!

NiteWave

Administrator
please force re-install 4.2.14 see if this issue still exists.
We received a facebook related bug report and has fixed it about 2 days ago in latest 4.2.14 build.
if the issue still there, we need more technical detail so that we can reproduce and fix it.

Hello,

Thank you for the speedy response.

We have upgraded Litespeed to 4.2.14, but unfortunately the issue still persists. I'm of course more than happy to provide you with technical details - please let me know if you need anything else in addition to the below?

Wordpress 3.5.2
PHP version 5.3.24

Plugins:
W3 Total Cache 0.9.4
Wordfence Security 5.1.5
All in One SEO 2.2.2

We use hard code meta og: tags (i.e. they are not generated via a plugin).
I've also attached a screen with regard to our gzip levels.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

Michael

Staff member
And you've upgraded 4.2.14 in the last day or so? Please remember that we add bug patches continuously. If you haven't force upgraded 4.2.14 in the last two days, you should do that first to see if it fixes the bug: /usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 4.2.14

If that doesn't fix it (or you have done this already in the last day or so), let us know and we'll look into it further.

Cheers,

Michael

Yes, that's right. We've only upgraded Litespeed today; the previous version was 4.2.10.
Is there a way I can make this thread confidential or to send you the URLs privately?

Thanks in advance!

Hello - I just wanted to check my email arrived at your end last night. I received a mail delivery failure message, but think this only referred to the second address I included. If it hasn't reached you, please let me know and I'll send it again.

Last edited: