Litespeed and aWstats: friend or foe?

Noone thought about it but for me it was a little nasty problem.

Initially I did not install awstats but after while I did.
First, there was a problem with integration: names of VH's with two or more words in name made a Rewrite rule mistake - awstats works properly only if there is no space in name.

This was not pleasant, but even funnier was that aWstats did not want to analyze logs from past- it only took into account visits, happened after its installation.
I know that it is quite immature to ask you about this, but I have tried and failed. When I point to the full log (~2mb) file from config and also put browser update to 1: nothing changes. And I have no clue.

Thank you in advance.

My config: Litespeed 2.2.5, awstats 6.5.0 (release).

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If you want to awstats on a specific log file, you need to run it manually, or copy your full log file to the current log file.
LiteSpeed automate the whole process, so the awstats will get overwritten during the update.

I still don't get why awstat does not work properly after activation. It did now function unless I deleted spaces in VH name.

And I also agree that my second question was rather stupid. The real problem was that server made new log entries on top of old ones. That made awstats think that there are only new and old were discarded during update process.

For those who need to analyze omitted log files, I can give a few points:

HowTo restore missed log files:

1. Reset all previous stats (backup all needed months unless you want to erase all history)

2. Perform update by pointing LogFile to all the logs you want to be analyzed by AW'y (NOTE: all the files should be run in respect of their creation time)

ALL THESE points link to Awstats Docs.

Last edited:
Another moments I wanted you to know. They are not urgent nor dangerous, but still quite funny.

First picture shows the way awstats (dynamic mode) looks thought straight cgi.

The second one is a victim of Persistent CGI mode implemented with ext apps/script handler. I made everything in accordance with wiki. After doing it, left awstats frame acquired contents of the main frame. And this is not a pity. Everything is easy healed by disabling .pl extension. But since it was somehow connected with your app I wanted to send you a word.

BTW. I would like to ask you to make wiki (or more clear manual) about FastCgi context. I know that it must be very simple.

Thanks. My gratitude.

P. P. S. > Could you tell me how to make litespeed automatically load after boot as I have unchecked this option during install.

Last edited: