LiteSpeed private cache and Magento

Following the directions provided here;

http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:litespeed:cache:magento

I've setup the LiteSpeed private cache for a single Magento installation. My question is regarding the low hit rate for the cache.

37,000 total requests and and 215 total cache hits. 0.58% cache hit rate?

Is it possible that I have overlooked some additional setting or is there anything in particular that needs to be done to the .htaccess file of the Magento installation to further enhance the cache hit rate?

At this rate, I really see no advantage of running the private cache so I am hoping that I have possibly missed something.

Attached is a screenshot of the LS request/cache Stats.

Thanks for any insight!

Attachments

private cache is for logged in user. iow, it would work well if you have many registered users.
So, ultimately - private cache for an online store, such as Magento where very few users are logged in, is really not worth implementing other than perhaps speeding up a page or two for a few users who have already completed the purchase process (logged in).

Too bad, I had hoped to see some better gains with private cache but I can understand the problem with caching pages for individuals (private) over for the masses (public).

Thank you for the response.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
that private cache is for individual user, regardless logged in or not.
Magento cannot use public cache as some content of the page is different for each user, like item in cart, most recently viewed. Cache is used only when one user revisit a previously visited page. lower cache hit rate is normal, but it still helps.