litespeed server with interworx control panel

kc8yds

hi!

I saw an announcement on steadfast about the new software being available for dedicated server customers, only problem is interworx is not a 'supported' panel as of now

is there any plans to do any testing to add it to list of supported panels ? it would be just what i need for my server to handle the high loads in the mornings on the server which are starting to slow apache down to a stop

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Checked your sample configuration files. nothing that LiteSpeed cannot handle. You can give LSWS a try on anther port.
Make sure to use "apache:apache" the installer ask for "user/group" that server run as.

kc8yds

thanks! thats great news

(edited to remove my problem i was having with php 5.2.5 -- yum install libxml2-devel :)

tomorrow morning this should get a good test when the majority of my sites users are online, if all goes well i'll be getting a license for it before the trial is up

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
LSWS may have issue with the php configuration used by interworx
Code:
----------------------------
 LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so
 AddHandler php5-script .php
 AddType text/html .php
 DirectoryIndex index.php
 ----------------------------
should use

Code:
AddType x-httpd-php .php
We will add support for " AddHandler php5-script .php" directive.

kc8yds

where would that change you put need to be placed? -- i didnt notice it in the main config file for apache anywhere

it seems to be working with interworx except for this message -- any ideas on it --- i'm in class right now so i cant connect to get the files but i'll get them after i get home and send them if needed

At [08/Apr/2008:11:02:33 -0500], web server with pid=6992 received unexpected signal=11, a core file is created. A new instance of web server will be started automatically!
Please forward the following debug information to bug@litespeedtech.com.
Environment:

Server: LiteSpeed/4.0b1 Enterprise
Release: 2.6.18-53.1.14.el5PAE
Version: #1 SMP Wed Mar 5 12:07:47 EST 2008
Machine: i686

If the call stack information does not show up here, please compress and forward the core file located in /tmp/lshttpd/.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
That configuration won't help with this one, and looks like php has been handled properly. 4.0b1 is still a beta release, it is normal.

kc8yds

i've downgraded to the regular release instead of the beta and am still getting that message along with it rebooting every 30 or so seconds --- this is a mess because it keeps restarting in the middle of large file transfers on my sites

any idea on what could be causing this to happen?

kc8yds

thanks alot, it seems to be working just fine now

i'll be buying the license key for the software shortly after class today, great job with getting these problems worked out so quickly