LSMCD : SASL database backend

Dear All.

I Learn to use LSMCD as replacement of memcached, to speed up our WP Hosting.

I think there is one problem about it.
I'm writing a simple python script that will trigered by WHM event.
This script will create one new WP site for newly created account, including 'installing and configure' LSCache Wordpress Plugin.
Since I use LSMCD with SASL, this script also need to add user-password to LSMCD SASLdb for that user.

SASLdb is just a regular text file,
Imagine if I have more than 1 account created by WHM ..... there will be a File-Locking problem.

So, Is there any way for me to replace SASL database backend?

Sincerely
-bino-

You bring up an important issue that was part of the early design. We recognized that the database was a simple file without encryption (though not a pure text file). So the intention is that the file is to be owned by root and permissions only given to root. Thus it is secure. It was tested and validated that running LSMCD as root and letting individual users access under their own security operated successfully.

As to the user/password issue. The idea is that the user using the system owns the access to the system, and it should be available only to them. Thus they become responsible for protecting that password, either by requiring it be entered at run time or that it be stored in a way that is secured to them.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Bob Perper

You bring up an important issue that was part of the early design. ..
Bob Perper
Dear Sir.

First, I really appreciate your very fast response.

I knew that current solution is secure.
But, can you write some other kind of SASL client (or other Auth method) for LSMCD that use other back end (i.e read from other LSMCD instance) ?
Well .. at least it'll give some room to devops.

Sincerely
-bino-

The code is open source so you can do anything that you think is right. However, we have a cPanel front end and other stuff that relies on the use of the SASLdb database. We recognized early as well that this choice somewhat constrained us (and you). But it gave us a reasonably easy entry to market with an established system. If you choose to modify the LSMCD code to use a different database we will do what we can to help, but it will be harder to provide support. But we'll do what we can. If you have any specific questions on the process, feel free to ask and we'll try to help you along.

Thanks,
Bob Perper
rperper@litespeedtech.com