LSWS 5.0 and LiteMage Cache in shared hosting

Sindre

Hello,

I am really excited to see the new LSWS 5.0 released and the addition of LiteMage and ESI caching. We plan to roll this out on our production servers shortly, but I have some concerns regarding how this works in a shared hosting environment.

On a cPanel server running CloudLinux and CageFS (with Apache config file), how would this work with the LiteMage Cache? I read that LiteMage Cache requires an individual cache root per site and that it can only be set in the Apache config file. What is the best approach here? To create a directory under the user's account like /home/<user>/lscache/ ?

Since we are using CageFS and SuExec the PHP process run under the account user. CageFS provides a virtual isolated file system for each user, so would it work to have a common cache root like /var/lscache set up as a per-user mount point in CageFS? See: http://docs.cloudlinux.com/mount_points.html

If this works we could just set that cache root path in the LSWS Admin and not have to manually edit the Apache config file for each user. And what happens if this does not work, and some users enable LiteMage Cache without setting a cache root. Will they inherit the default config and the caches get mingled, so that potentially data from one site could show up on another user's site?

Finally, is there a way to prevent a user from using LiteMage Cache? We plan to offer this as a paid addon to our customers, but since a knowledgeable user can simply install the extension and enable it through .htaccess there is no way for us to enforce this?

I appreciate your comments to the above.

Best Regards,
Sindre

Jackson

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for your interested in LiteMage cache.

LiteMage cache works well with CloudLinux CageFS. As far as you set up the Cache Storage path on the server level, no need to setup individual cache root one by one for each magento stores. Once the LiteMage cache is enabled through .htaccess, LiteSpeed web server will do everything for you to create individual cache path. No security issue.

You might just follow this wiki through to get LiteMage setup.

http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:cache:litemage

Currently there is no control on your end to prevent user to enable LiteMage for current release. However it is a easy feature which can be implemented in the future release.

Try the LiteMage and let us know if you have any problem.