Need advice installing on live server

Hi everyone,

I had the opportunity to migrate my site from one server to another one a lot bigger and I took it. My host offered me Litspeed Web Server and after doing just a little bit of research and seeing the results everyone is having, I took the offer.

My problem is configuration. My hosting company obviously knows how to install it but I'm a little scared about something breaking in my vBulletin installation. My fear begun two days ago when they installed APC eaccelerator and, even after changing vBulletin's config.php file my site died. Of course it was easy to fix by taking APC out from Apache and undoing the changes in vBulletin's config.php.

The thing is that my server doesn't have any kind of accelerators and I've noticed that every guide includes something called Varnish (which is an accelerator if I'm not mistaken).

Here's the basic information about the system:

Hardware:
- Dual Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5410 @ 2.33GHz
- 8GB DDR2 RAM

Software:
- CentOS 5.x with VZ
- Latest Apache, PHP w/fastcgi and MySQL
- cPanel/WHM
- PHP Streams: compress.zlib, compress.bzip2, dict, ftp, ftps, gopher, http, https, imap, imaps, pop3, pop3s, rtsp, smtp, smtps, telnet, tftp, php, file, data, zip

Web site:
- vBulletin 4.1.3 installed in root but using /forum and /blog folders to reference old website's structure
- vBSEO 3.6
As I said, I have read about 10 threads+ from vbulletin.com, vbseo.com and here but I still don't know if all I need is:
  1. Install Litespeed (to be done by my host)
  2. Install vBulletin's LSWB product/plugin
  3. Turn on Litespeed's cache
  4. Edit my site's .htaccess adding the rules mentioned in other posts
How far from the truth am I? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Cesar

Just one more quick question. What happens after I install the XML product/plugin in my vB? I mean, If I install the plugin as preparation but don't install litespeed right away. My guess is that nothing happens, but want to check with you anyways.

Thanks again,

Cesar

Hello again. I ran into a wall when following the guides. When I try to enable the Cache function (step 2 on the guide) I get every option grayed out and I can't modify them. The version installed is Enterprise VPS 4.1 I guess 2-cpu or more as it is configured for 2000 connection (I can't verify this on the control panel as it doesn't say which version it is).

Here's a screenshot from the Server -> Cache page

The only reasons I can think are:

1) Litespeed is running and I should stop the service before it lets me change the Cache

2) There is no cache system running. I've asked and insisted my host to install XCache but they never confirmed this and I can't find any kind of reference for a cache system anywhere. I've looked for it in my WHM, Litespeed CP, phpinfo, etc. If there is one cache system, I can't find it.

LSWS is working. That much I can confirm.

Any ideas? Thanks.