Outbound Bandwidth (bytes/sec)

bbennett

If I wanted to limit all downloads to 10 Mb max what would I enter here? I tried various settings, but it doesnt seem to limit the speed.

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The limit is "bytes/sec", so if you want limit the download speed to 10Mb/sec, set it to "1200K" or just "1M". I think most users do not have bandwidth high enough to reach 10Mb though.

bbennett

Ok, just to clarify I include the K or M at the end? If so that would probably be why it wasnt working as I was only entering the number.

bbennett

This still doesnt seem to work. I entered 1M under in and out going bandwidth and can still pull 85Mb from it when downloading a file. I entered this under Server>Security.

ffeingol

Are you guys talking about the same thing? bbennett sounds like he wants to limit the total server to 10 mbps. I though the settings in LSWS are per IP not in total?

Frank

bbennett

Not the server total. I want shaping per IP/file download. I just dont want some user on a t3 or something pulling 45 Mb from the server. More for abuse reasons then anything else since this is used with shared hosting.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please download and try the latest 3.2.1 release. Throttling was not properly turned on for vhosts configured through Apache httpd.conf in earlier releases.

Sorry to sound ignorant, but where would I download that release from? The version im using now was downloaded just a few days ago from the link at the top of the site.