overwrite authentication

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by gdewey, Aug 7, 2013.

1. gdewey

gdewey Member

Hi, I am using a password protected directory, but within this directory I have a php application that post files to upload. its giving an error when I have the authentication enabled. Its there a way to allow LSWS to overwrite the authentication based on the localhost ip or something?

2. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

while not do testing yet, I don't think password protected directory will be conflict with upload.

for example, you can password protect a whole wordpress site, but you can upload file/publish new post/access the site just like a normal wordpress site, except it need input a password when you access it at the first time.

need more info regarding "giving an error when I have the authentication enabled".
  3. gdewey

gdewey Member

its a simple magento store password protected (front and backend) by lsws. the image upload does not work with the authentication on. As soon as I deactivate it it works again.

has to be authentication.. the thing is that the upload is probably made by a http post request on the server side, that does not authenticate
  4. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

you can try

looks apache 2.4 not use "satisfy" but compatible with it