Pages in WP-Admin being cached. Almost unusable!

Have a site with LiteSpeed installed on the server and having problem with pages in wp-admin being cached. I think LiteSpeed has only been installed relatively recently as only recently spotted that LiteSpeed Cache plugin was installed.

Spotted the problem when creating a Page and then saving it as draft. But then, if I click on Add New to create a new (draft) page, some of the content (text) from the 1st draft is seen in the textfields - this particular site I am using Advanced Custom Fields and this content is in specific ACF textfields. I have noticed that page_id after both draft pages are the same.

So when I preview the first draft page, the URL is https://www.domain.com/?page_id=1734&preview=true.

When I click on Preview on the "2nd" draft page, its the same URL (same page_id).

I have tested this all on another site - same hosting company and also LiteSpeed installed. Similar thing happens. If create a New page and save as draft. I then click Add New and create another new page and click Save Draft. If I then have a look at all the Draft pages on the site, the 2nd one has overwritten the 1st one???

Also having caching problems through WP-admin. When I install a plugin, it does not appear on the Plugins page. But then I refresh and it appears??

When I deactivate LiteSpeed Cache, if I go away from Plugins page, I sometimes see that message at top of page about LiteSpeed Cache being installed. I go back to the Plugins page, it says LiteSpeed Cache is still enabled?? If I refresh the page, it says its deactivated.

And actually now after doing more tests, the LiteSpeed Cache plugin cant be deactivate! I click deactivate next to LiteSpeed Cache. It seems OK. If I then refresh the page, it is Activated again?!

So whether its LiteSpeed itself or LiteSpeed Caching plugin, something is not right!

Unique_Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @asy1mpo ,

LSCache will not cache any wp-admin page by design. May I ask if you have any object cache installed on it?
Possible DB related issue?
In this case, you can also contact the hosting company to help you identify the issue.

Best

Is Object caching something that would be installed with a plugin? Had the same problem above on 3 sites, same hosting company (and I think relatively recently had LiteSpeed installed) but with various different plugins installed. But none of them have any other cache related plugin.

Here is the Report Number - RVCECCTN

This is for one particular web site but as I said, its happened on at least 2 other sites I have looked at (which are hosted by same hosting company). We have a load of sites hosted with them so problem could be same for other WordPress sites hosted with them

The Report Number I sent you is for a site which still has LiteSpeed Cache installed. But on another site, I deleted the LiteSpeed Cache plugin but still having caching related problems e.g. if deactivate a plugin but it still says its active - but when I refresh, it says its deactivated

Still having problem. The hosting company has said that they have not heard anyone have this problem - with the caching the WP Admin. Just done a test on another site which has LiteSpeed not running on the server, although LSC plugin is NOT installed. Just tried to create a new post and saved it as draft. Thats fine. I then create another new post and save that as draft. Its got the same id as the first post and has overwritten it.

The problem elsewhere in WP Admin where I have to refresh page to see that e.g. PHP has been updated, plugin updated/deleted, WordFence warnings fixed. To is annoying but its not as bad as when creating Posts/Pages!

lclarke

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for checking without LSCache installed.

Are you sure there is no object cache at work here? Object cache (possibly Redis or Memcached) is separate from LSCache and may have been enabled by your hosting provider.

Whether its Litespeed itself or the LSC plugin, ever since hosting company installed Litespeed (was previously running Apache), having this problem!!!? I have just disabled W3Cache which was running on the site and installed LSC. Tried to create a new post - that was fine.

Created another new post, pressed publish and it overwrote first one. I have checked settings and Do Not Cache URIs in the Exclude tab has nothing in it. Also tried it with ^/wp-admin in the box - as was suggested in other support posts online. Saved changed and purged everything. Still had problems where adding a new post ends up overwriting first one. I am on Chrome. Logged in as Incognito mode so to avoid Chrome caching.

This is so annoying!

Thank you for checking without LSCache installed.

Are you sure there is no object cache at work here? Object cache (possibly Redis or Memcached) is separate from LSCache and may have been enabled by your hosting provider.
I have checked the settings and in the Advanced Tab, can see that Object Cache is OFF.

I have purged cache. In fact, I selected option to empty entire cache. Then tried to create 2 posts but 2nd one overwrote other. And now its even worse - I have tried to delete the post. It says its been deleted when I bin it but then I refresh the page and the Page is back?!

I use Chrome. I have tried doing same in Firefox - both in normal mode and Private mode - and still if I try to create 2 seperate Pages/Posts, the 2nd one I enter overwrites the first!

Your colleague on Twitter has said they think its Object Cache thats the issue - and the LSCache plugin doesnt actually control whether object cache is on or off??

I have just installed a new WordPress site in sub folder of another site which is running Litespeed. It has no plugins installed - actually there were 2 plugins installed but no active but I deleted them (Akismet, Hello Dolly). When I went back to Plugins back, those plugins were still on the list. I had to refresh the page.

I created a draft Post. Then I created a 2nd Post it it overwrote the first one. (Same happens if I just Publish the Pages instead of saving as draft).

I then installed LiteSpeed Cache plugin, changed no settings, purged all and then tried to create new Post. Same problem - overwrites the previous Post!

Shivam

Staff member
Your colleague on Twitter has said they think its Object Cache thats the issue - and the LSCache plugin doesnt actually control whether object cache is on or off??

I have just installed a new WordPress site in sub folder of another site which is running Litespeed. It has no plugins installed - actually there were 2 plugins installed but no active but I deleted them (Akismet, Hello Dolly). When I went back to Plugins back, those plugins were still on the list. I had to refresh the page.

I created a draft Post. Then I created a 2nd Post it it overwrote the first one. (Same happens if I just Publish the Pages instead of saving as draft).

I then installed LiteSpeed Cache plugin, changed no settings, purged all and then tried to create new Post. Same problem - overwrites the previous Post!
That is correct Andrew, Litespeed cache does not solely control if Object Cache can be enabled. It can be enabled with or without Litespeed Cache Plugin for Wordpress.

If it is still happening after disabling Litespeed Cache, It is most likely something else. We'll investigate and update you on the ticket.

This issue was fixed. In the end it was a server config issue with the host. The setting in config had never been issue when server had Apache installed but LiteSpeed handled it differently.