PHP missing MySQL extension

Hello LiteSpeed WebServer Technologies,

I've installed LiteSpeed WebServer and I've recompile the PHP, now apper this problem:
Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.
I have no idea how to fix this, I need this today urgently, so please if there is anyone knows how to fix this please tell me.
The another problem is with:
No JPEG support in this PHP build in
Trying to fix but can't do nothing...

Best regards,
Fidan Mirena
gfxMedia Creative Agency

Last edited:
Hello webizen,

Compile with --with-mysql yes Sure, so with those php:
'--with-mysqli' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-iconv' '--with-litespeed'
But what is this MySQL-Devel Package/rpm
Thanks again!!!

webizen

If you are running a CentOS system, do command line 'yum install mysql-devel'. For ubuntu, do 'apt-get install libmysql++-dev'.

Installed:

Setting up libmysql++3 (3.0.0-1) ...
ldconfig: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 is not a symbolic link

ldconfig: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient_r.so.15 is not a symbolic link

ldconfig: /usr/local/mysql/lib/libndbclient.so.2 is not a symbolic link

Setting up libmysql++-dev (3.0.0-1) ...

Thanks

P.S: I've Debian 5 64bit
Regards

webizen

basically .so.15 and .so.2 need to symlink to the actual so.15.0.0 and .so.2.0.0. then do 'ldconfig'.

if you are not sure, do 'ls -l /usr/local/mysql/lib/lib*' and paste the result here. we will provide you the commands.

Hello webizen & LiteSpeed WebServer Technologies,

Thanks alot for your help, I found the problem was that there was added: --with-mysqli and there was missing this: --with-mysql I've just add this and Compie, now it's fixed Thanks webizen.
Can you right now help me with this problem: No JPEG support in this PHP build in I can upload jpg Images.
Thanks...

Best regards,
Fidan Mirena
gfxMedia Creative Agency

webizen

compile with '--with-jpeg' option (you already have) and install libjpeg-devel package ('apt-get install libjpeg-dev' in your case)

Last edited:
linux:~# apt-get install libjpeg-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libjpeg-dev is a virtual package provided by:
libjpeg62-dev 6b-14
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libjpeg-dev has no installation candidate

NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!

linux:~# apt-get install libjpeg62-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libjpeg62-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

TO UNINSTALL AND INSTALL?

Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: No JPEG support in this PHP build in /home/kosova/domains/kosova.info/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 253

Warning: imagecreatefromstring() [function.imagecreatefromstring]: No JPEG support in this PHP build in /home/kosova/domains/kosova.info/public_html/wp-includes/media.php on line 253

Hello webizen,

How can I thank you?
w0w you are so great, you are so great.
You help me today a lot, w0w I'm now so Happy, no idea what feelings I have HaHa.
Thank you again webizen Thanks a lot for your help.
Five STARTS!

Best regards,
Fidan Mirena
gfxMedia Creative Agency