PHPBB3 configuration

I tried to follow this steps to get co-working Litespeed 4.1.9 with PHPBB3, however, I'd found bugs like for example when i tried to use a line from your tutorial:
  • Template File: $SERVER_ROOT/conf/templates/phpbb.xml
Litespeed gave me error messages that it should be a '.conf' file type and didn't allow me to save it.

This is only one of more reasons why i've lost 2 days of my life looking for a full documentation. Can you please help me to set up the server? I don't have any idea why I'd been getting all the time 404, php error warnings, or other kinds of error messages. Somehow, there's nothing to learn from. I've already installed MySQL, PHP7, etc and everything is nicely working, but I'm not able to set up your server to get it working with the forum cms.

Nevertheless, there's nothing for php7 (eg intead of: 'yum install lsphp55 lsphp55-co...' could be: 'yum install lsphp70 lsphp70-co...'), also that your wiki doesn't have any documentation for new generations of PHPBB. If your server is already a death project and you don't work on OpenLiteSpeed, or you don't provide support and documentation, then it could be fair, if you'll give to know straightaway to anybody interested to waste a lot of time and money.

Thnx

Last edited:
L

Long

Hi, Juraj,

Sorry to hear that.
Are you using OpenLiteSpeed ?
You first said "get co-working Litespeed 4.1.9 with PHPBB3" ?
Do you mean openlitespeed 1.4.19 ?

I just went through the wiki page you mentioned.
Indeed it's kind of outdated and not follow the latest changes in ols.
Nowadays OLS only uses conf file for configuration, not xml file any more.

We'll see what we can do for this part with our current resources.

Long

Thank you for your reply. You're right, it's OLS. I seem to think you created really great servers, and, finally, there's no current documentation.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
I believe it is because PHPBB3 seems not supporting PHP7. You should use php56 or other lower version.
  • PHP 5.3.3+ and PHP < 7.0 with support for the database you intend to use.
https://www.phpbb.com/community/docs/INSTALL.html

you don't need to use xml template to create virtual host. Just need to install OpenLiteSpeed, install php, create database, and download phpbb3 code , and install from the browser.
wiki updated:
http://open.litespeedtech.com/mediawiki/index.php/Help:How_To_Set_Up_PHPBB
Let 's know if there is any questions.

L

Long

Thank you for your reply. You're right, it's OLS. I seem to think you created really great servers, and, finally, there's no current documentation.
Yes, the developers have been spending most of their time working on greater product :)
Now we are going through a re-organization of the documentation system.
Hopefully it will get done soon.